I have recently enrolled to a new box called Cookintheworld which consist in receiving the food shopping for 4 meals together with recipes delivered directly to your house.
When I say food shopping, I mean proper food shopping with high quality products directly from Rungis (largest wholesale food market in the world).
Which means that I have no excuse such as “oh no! I don’t have a parsnip, I can’t do the Bortsch”. Well, I would never have used it as an excuse because I would never have thought of cooking a Bortsch, which is also the cool part of this box as I will learn to cook things I would not have thought of.
And this is how I made Tagliatelle with salmon and spinach pesto!
- 250g of tagliatelle
- 60g of baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 clove of garlic
- 50g of parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of Oil
- 2 salmon steaks
Let’s do this!
- Cook the tagliatelle following the instructions from the package and before draining the tagliatelle, keep a small bowl of cooking water.
2. Put the 60g of baby spinach leaves in a pan with boiling salty water for few seconds, just the time for them to soften. Drain them then put them under cold water before finally leaving them in a plate with water full of ice cubes.
3. In a blender put your garlic, your parmesan, 2 tablespoon of oil and the baby spinach that you will have drained properly (I did it in between my hands, no shame). Blend it all to get your pesto sauce. Add the small bowl of cooking water from the tagliatelle.
4. Mix it all with the hot cooked tagliatelle and keep it covered so it remains warm
5. Cut the salmon in little dice of about 2cm.
6. In a hot pan, put some olive oil, and drop all the salmon dice that you’ll cook to your convenience (we like them not too cooked, but it is up to you)
7. Put the salmon on top of your tagliatelle. Add parmesan and a few baby spinach leaves on top and Diner is served!
Don’t forget to clean up your mess! A lot more than if you had done a baby spinach salad!
Ps : if you are based in France and want to enroll, use the code : ABO-4100-8JMK and you’ll get a 20% discount on your first order.